The standard iconmust always be used for playback of a video file. When the icon is positioned on the video box or on an image, for improved visibility we recommend using the grey-outlined variant of the icon.
Theicon normally goes in the upper right corner of the video.
- Video playback must not start automatically.
- Maximum 3 videos per ad.
- The minimum width of the video file is 175 px.
- The video file must occupy no more than 70% of the ad surface area. The reader has the option of viewing all videos in full-screen mode.
- Video files cannot be inserted in a base64-encoded format.
- If the is positioned inside a box graphically demarcated from the rest of the ad (e.g., representing a screen, TV, tablet), the video must start playing in that box, with the reader then given the option of entering full-screen mode.
- We recommend not embedding links to clips on the Vimeo site, as the videos are slow to load when launched from within Toronto Star Touch.